You can easily pull this indulgently-delicious breakfast sandwich together for yourself in under 15 minutes with ingredients you probably already have in the kitchen. French toast made with a hint of sweet maple syrup is grilled on the panini press and then filled with a two-egg omelet and smoky bacon. Any guilty feelings will quickly subside upon your first sweet and savory bite!
Egg & Bacon French Toast Panini
- 1 large slice sourdough bread, halved crosswise
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 slices fully-cooked bacon
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat panini grill to 375°F. In a shallow bowl, whisk together 1 egg, 1 teaspoon milk and maple syrup. Soak bread slices in egg mixture and transfer to panini grill. Grill for about 5 minutes until egg mixture is cooked and grill marks appear.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the 2 remaining eggs, the remaining teaspoon of milk and salt and pepper to taste. Pour into a medium-sized nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat. When eggs appear cooked around the edges, fold over in half with a spatula and cook for another minute. Fold once again crosswise and remove from pan once eggs are cooked to desired doneness.
- Prepare bacon according to package instructions.
- Assemble sandwich by layering the bacon and omelet between the two french toast pieces. Enjoy!