Unlike most other fully cooked sausages, Johnsonville uses absolutely no fillers for a juicy and firm texture and bite. Johnsonville also only uses premium cuts of pork for even better overall flavor. And I appreciate that their portion control packaging comes with two individually-sealed sausages so it’s easy for me to use just one and save the other for another day.
Speaking of saving for another day, by all means, when you try this recipe please hold onto the rosemary leaves that you remove to make the skewers. There are a myriad of uses for it – here are 30 suggestions from BuzzFeed!
** WIN A $100 VISA GIFT CARD FROM JOHNSONVILLE! **
To enter: Please leave a comment on this post, telling us your go-to favorite appetizer to serve at a gathering.
Smoked Sausage, Fig and Manchego Skewers
By Kathy Strahs, PaniniHappy.com
Makes 32 skewers
- 1 package (13.5 ounce) Johnsonville Smoked Split Rope Sausage, sliced
- 32 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 12 ounces Manchego, portioned into bite-sized slices
- 8-12 fresh Black Mission figs, sliced cross-wise into rounds
- Honey, for drizzling
Heat the panini press to medium-high heat.*
Lay half of the sausage slices on the panini press, close the lid, and grill the sausages until they are heated through with grill marks, about 2 minutes. Set the grilled sausages aside on a paper towel-lined plate and repeat for the remaining slices.
Trim each rosemary sprig to 3-1/2 inches long. Holding the upper end of each sprig with one hand, use the other to run your fingers down the lower 1-1/2 inches of the sprig and remove the leaves.
To assemble: Top each grilled sausage slice with a slice of Manchego and a slice of fig. Drizzle a little honey on top of each fig. Skewer each little stack with a sprig of rosemary and serve immediately.
*Alternatively, you can heat the sausages on the stove: heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is lightly browned.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 9/29-11/2.
Be sure to visit the Johnsonville Sausage brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!