‘Tis the season for potlucks and other get-togethers so here’s another Quick Tip: an incredibly easy, crowd-pleasing appetizer you can toss together in 10 minutes flat – Grilled Brie with Honey and Toasted Pecans.
Simply grill a 1/2 pound wheel of Brie right on the panini press until it’s melted and oozy, then serve it drizzled with honey and toasted pecans and grilled baguette slices. Keep these simple ingredients on hand and you’ll be ready the next time unexpected guests show up at the door.
I hope your holiday season is off to a delicious start!
Grilled Brie with Honey and Toasted Pecans
Prep time: 2 minutes | Cook time: 8 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 French baguette, sliced diagonally, 1/2-inch thick
- 1 small (8-ounce) wheel of Brie
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
- Heat an oven or toaster oven to 350°F. Spread the pecans on a baking sheet and toast them until they’re aromatic, about 5 minutes.
- Heat the panini press to medium-high heat.
- In batches, arrange the baguette slices on the panini press, close the lid and grill the slices until they’re toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Place the entire wheel of Brie on the grill, close the lid so that it’s touching the cheese without pressing it, and grill the cheese until it begins to melt (you’ll see the cheese start to depress and flatten out a little), about 3 minutes.
- Carefully lift up the Brie with a spatula and transfer it to a serving plate. Drizzle honey over the Brie, scatter toasted pecans over the top, and serve it with your grilled bread.
NOTE: If you don’t happen to have a baguette on hand, you can use crackers or apple slices to dip into your grilled Brie.